Visit DIY Mobile Home Repair for Free Help

Where does the power between the two halves of a double wide mobile home connect

Q. We have been living our 1993 double-wide about four years. We got zapped by lightning not long ago. Everything electrical works except the front half of our mobile home. No problems at the breaker box. We were told to check the plug that connects the two halves. We have insulation on the underside. Do you have any clues as to where down the middle that the plug usually is. I don't want to go hacking up the insulation along the seam until I find it. I would rather know where to look, before I begin taking the insulation loose. Any help would be greatly appreciated......Thank you.

A. If it has the plug together type of connection I have usually found them at one end of the home and usually nearest the breaker box end. Look under the home for anyplace that may seem to have been disturbed or patched sometimes with a small board. In some cases the connecting halves are coupled electrically in a junction box located along the marriage wall. They will usually have blank cover on them. I find these usually in closets. or even kitchen cabinets. Please let me know what happens...Don

Look at this web page for doublewide mobile home crossover electrical connection junction