Visit DIY Mobile Home Repair for Free Help

Water Filters for Mobile Homes

Q.  We have purchased a single wide mobile home. 3bed 3 bath

We have very unpleasant water (it is orange). I did a water test and it says it is high in iron.
So just for my piece of mind I am wanting to install not only a water softener but a water filtration unit.
Both pieces are relatively big, and out water heater is located in the master bedroom closet.
Should these things be installed inside? Can they be put outside in a shed? or would it be better to install them in the closet as well?

A. I had a reverse osmosis system once on a previous home. The unit was outside next to the home where the water line attached to the home home. I had no problems with it being out there. You will want to make sure that it is protected from the elements, such as freezing temps. Your installer should be able to address any questions that you might have. I currently use a whole house filter that takes care of impurities. however it does not soften the water. Shop around and ask lots of question before you buy. You can go to my website to get complete information on whole house water filter systems and to do some research to get an idea of what questions you may wish to ask in relation to your particular needs. An informed shopper is a happy customer.